At The Back and Neck Bedding Company, our policy is simple. We are pleased to honour our obligations under Australian Consumer Law as both the general public (purchaser) and retailer have specific rights and responsibilities.
We will happily provide you with a repair, exchange, refund or discount if (as required under Australian Law) an item has a problem.
For a warranty claim you will require:
- To have a copy of your original receipt with original proof of purchase
- The item supplied to be defective, of faulty manufacture
If you are considering placing a warranty claim please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will send you a Quality Control Customer Service Report Form to complete. It is imperative to contact via email for us to authorise action on a claim.
Please take 3 images of your concern from 3 different positions and send them to email@example.com
To avoid confusion and miscommunication generally, all correspondence is to be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to ensure your claim is handled in a timely professional manner and you have a record of your contact with us. Prior to contacting us we ask that you read the Warranty information in full and if you feel that you have a valid claim please request a Quality Control Customer Service Report form.
The retailer may have the right of action against the consumer for compensation if the goods are not kept in the same condition in which they were received.
Should you feel you need further information regarding your rights as a consumer please go to the following address https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/consumer-rights or www.consumerlaw.gov.au
The warranty excludes specific limitations outlined in our Terms and Conditions below:
- Structural warranty – Fair wear and tear, abuse, misuse or negligence is not covered by this warranty.
- During the warranty period, The Back and Neck Company will repair or replace at The Back and Neck Company’s option any component that on inspection is found to be faulty.
- Our range of mattresses are not guaranteed to correct any existing back complaints, and are not a treatment for any illness or injury.
- Transportation during the first 12 months it is the retailers’ responsibility to pay for the return of the product should it be deemed (following review of photos and review of warranty) to be a valid warranty claim. This is to be offered at standard freight costs in the metro area. After that time transportation costs are to be met by the purchaser.
- This warranty is only available to the original purchaser and cannot be passed onto or assigned to another consumer.
- The Back and Neck Company reserves the right to refuse service when the product is found on inspection to be in an unsanitary condition.
- The Back and Neck Company reserves the right to substitute material of equal quality on the particular items being repaired or replaced if identical material is not available at the time of repair or replacement.
- If the mattress is used directly on a slatted base and the slats are greater than 100mm (4”) apart, this warranty will be void and any claim will not be covered by this warranty.
- When the Back and Neck Company mattress is used on a padded and covered slatted base, purchased from Back and Neck Company then the mattress is fully covered by warranty.
- When a Back and Neck Company mattress is used on a slatted base, the base should have centre supports, if the base does not, then it will sag in time, which in turn will cause the mattress to sag. This mattress sag will not be covered by this warranty.
- Solid Base Tops (Non Slatted Base). When a mattress is installed on a solid base top which does not allow aeration the warranty will be void.
- Micro-quilting / stitching coming undone is inherent in this industry. It will not affect the performance of the bed and as such is not covered by the warranty.
- Legs/Castors or Glides must be kept tight. Damage caused by not keeping these tight is not covered by warranty.
- Service of this mattress/set may take approximately 5 to 7 working days. During that time it is the consumers responsibility to find alternative sleeping arrangements.
- Turning your mattress: The mattress should be turned and rotated or rotated if single sided, every two months. Failure to turn your mattress every two months will detract from the comfort and lifespan of your bed and WILL void your warranty.
- Body impressions are something that will occur in every mattress and will start from your first night. Using the entire mattress will help minimize body impressions and should be made a priority; this includes using the middle of the mattress as much as possible. Body impressions will vary in size according to body weight of the sleeper(s) and the content of the mattress. Body impressions are not a fault but just part of the wear and tear process.
- Sleeping alone on your new double, queen or king? It is important that if you are a sole sleeper then you must vary your sleeping position on a nightly basis during the first 3 months, or you will get uneven wear.
- Handles: Where handles are sewn into mattress, they are to be used purely as balancing agents and should never be used to lift the mattress. These are not covered by warranty.
- Pillow-tops: A Pillow-top is built to give the sleeper an extra layer of comfort. Because it is not ‘under construction pressure’ it will stretch and mould to the body’s shape. It is not unusual to see deeper body impressions in pillow-tops. This is NOT a fault.
- Mattress Protector: We recommend that you always use a mattress protector. However if spoilage occurs, then apply perchloroethylene or white spirits on the cover to remove the spill. Allow the mattress to dry in the shade and not in direct heat or sunlight.
- When a mattress or base has been damaged in transit it is essential that the packaging is kept by the consumer, failure to do so will void the claim.
- Sitting on your mattress/bed. Do not sit on your mattress/bed. Your mattress/bed is built specifically for sleeping, if you use it as a chair then you may get side collapse and/or severe depressions and considerable wear on the pads/fillings on the edge of the mattress/bed. This extra wear and tear will not be covered by this warranty.
- Failure by the purchaser to notify the manufacturer of a defect within one month of its discovery will void the warranty.
- Servicing of your mattress / bed during the guarantee period can only be completed by an authorised Back and Neck Company Bed Technician. If a consumer authorises service by another manufacturer then this will void this warranty.
- “Bellying”of Borders: When a mattress is compressed by the sleeper, the pads underneath the sleeper compact. This often releases the tension on the side of the mattress (the border) and it may belly inwards or outwards. This is not a fault. It is part of the wear and tear process.
- Middle of Mattress ‘Rise’: Often consumers will see what they believe to be a “rise” (bulge) in the middle of the bed. This is not a fault but rather it is where the consumers do not use that area of the mattress as much as the other areas, consequently giving the affect of a “rise” – even where across the mattress is recommended.
- Rolling into the middle of the mattress: Body Impressions play a significant part of the consumers rolling in to the middle of the mattress; this is normally caused by the two sleepers lying towards the centre of the bed which in turn pushes the people to the middle of the bed. This is not a fault – even wear across the mattress is recommended.
- Rolling towards the side of the mattress: Body Impressions play a significant part of the consumers rolling towards the side of the mattress; this is normally caused by the two sleepers lying towards the sides of the bed which in turn pushes the people towards the side of the mattress. This is not a fault – even wear across the mattress is recommended.
- Densities: In the latex bedding industry, for all organic and natural latex, there is an industry allowance for density variation of approximately 5% in each density. This is NOT a fault.
- Natural features of Latex and ‘Cosmetic Variations’: Our latex is a natural product and you will notice many imperfections, which are evidence that it is genuine natural latex. This is NOT a fault.
Adjustable Electric Beds
- Legs: It is important to ensure the legs are screwed in tightly. It is important to check within 2 weeks of installation and every 3 months there after. Should you hear ‘excessive noise’ please check the legs – This is NOT a warranty issue
- The massage/vibration system: It is normal for it to make a noise – it is NOT a silent operation. The higher the massage setting, the higher the noise. Should you have wooden floor boards or a non-concrete floor the ‘noise’ will amplify. Our beds feature premium German designed components and are considered as good as you get. – This is not covered under warranty.
- Battery Back-ups: We recommend batteries be replaced in the back-up system annually. Changing of batteries is not covered under warranty. DO NOT LEAVE BATTERIES IDLE IN THE BACK-UP SYSTEM.
- Remote Controls: Remote controls are covered by a Industry Standard 2 year warranty. Changing of batteries is not covered under warranty. Internal damage to wiring or external signs of physical ‘trauma’ to the remote are not covered by warranty.
Should you feel you have a warranty claim, the type of remedy available (repair, replacement or refund), is in accordance with Australian Consumer Law (ACL), and The Back and Neck Bedding Company has the legal right to decide which remedy is applicable to a warranty claim.
We reserve the right to assess the condition and alleged fault of any returned goods prior to offering an exchange, refund, compensation or repair.
All Mattress sizes may vary slightly due to standard manufacturing tolerances.
GETTING USED TO YOUR NEW BED
At first your new bed may feel a little different from the old mattress that you have been sleeping on. Don’t worry, you’ll soon become adjusted to the feel of your new mattress. It may require ‘breaking in’ like a new pair of shoes. The brain, overtime gets used to the feel of the current bed and requires time to ‘re-wire’ and get used to the change.
Sleeping alone on your new Double, Queen or King size mattress? All new beds settle as the body weight is applied to them. It is important that if you are a sole sleeper, then you must vary your sleeping position. Should this not take place, your new mattress may see uneven wear and more prominent body impressions. The below diagram gives you an example of different sleeping positions.
Please note: A mattress is a mattress – it is not a chair, it is not a trampoline! Any damage to the ‘side walls’ of the mattress due to sitting in one spot, watching TV, playing games, getting dressed, is not covered under warranty. Please use a chair designed for the load bearing of sitting in one spot.
Children will be children – any damage, centralised in the mattress through bouncing or jumping on the mattress (being used as a trampoline) will also void your warranty.
Body Impressions – Your mattress is a premium product, constructed from the finest of materials. Your mattress is designed to conform to your bodies contour, and cushion and protect your joints. Over time your sleeping position may result in an ‘impression’.
This is normal – not a structural defect, not a fault. An impression is up to 3cm in depth. This impression does not affect the mattresses ability to support and cushion. The impression allows for proper joint protection, improved circulation and a reduction of harsh pressure points.
Both Natural Latex and Organic Natural Latex contain some chemicals – let us explain…
If you want to make bread and you put flour in the mixer and let it mix for as long as you want, it will still be flour – not bread.
To make bread you need to add other ingredients – just like latex from the rubber tree.
The key is in the washing of the product at the end of the manufacturing process. Our manufacturers attain international certificates from
for quality and durability and are as ‘pure’ a product as possible.
In the latex bedding industry, for all organic and natural latex, there is an industry allowance for density variation of approximately 5% in each density.
This is because you are buying a natural product and the processing cannot be as accurate as if the manufacturer were using a synthetic product, which can be standardized. This is a standard manufacturing variation regardless of supplier. So yes, some mattresses may feel slightly different even though they do have the same density rating.
How is density determined?
In the latex industry, density is described for example as being a ‘D60’, ‘D70’, ‘D80’ etc.
This describes the weight (in Kg) of 1 cubic metre of latex.
There is no standardisation in the bedding industry as to what a set density is called, for example what density rating is a medium or firm density. Each store may have its own ratings, as the density is a relative term.
You are purchasing a natural product. Leather, grass, timber etc. have a distinct smell – as does latex.
Your product has travelled a long way to get to you. It is wrapped in plastic, placed in a container & stored.
Upon opening your product there may be an ‘off gassing’ and it may be an idea to air your product for a couple of days. This is normal and not a fault.
Natural features of Latex and ‘Cosmetic Variations’
Our latex is a natural product and you will notice many imperfections, which are evidence that it is genuine natural latex. If you want a perfect look and not particularly interested in the products long-term quality, we suggest you purchase a synthetic latex product.
Natural latex is like real leather with its many imperfections, which personalise the product and add further proof of its authenticity.
If you have purchased organic fruit or vegetables, you will notice the difference from the perfectly shaped, genetically modified product sold in some stores – you will also taste the difference!
With natural latex, fewer chemicals are used during manufacturing, so the product tends to ‘stick’ to the moulds. This can lead to some imperfections, with small tears or holes being common. Should these be large enough, they are filled at the end of the production process. This is standard practice and in no way affects the feel or performance of the product and is not a manufacturing fault.
Natural latex may have a few small black spots appear on the side of the product. This is carbonized latex following repeated vulcanization and does not affect the product in any way and is again considered a normal variant in your natural latex, as presented to you by nature.
Internal stretch jersey cotton covers
It costs us extra to use an internal cotton cover, unlike the majority of our competitors, who save money by using polyester covers. The cotton covers are made to be loose, allowing for the product to ‘breath’ and ‘move’, bringing out the best in latex’s
Turning your Mattress
Your 100% latex mattress is designed to be turned ‘head to tail’ and ‘flipped’. To maintain your warranty, it is imperative to flip your mattress every 2 months, and head to tail your mattress every 2 months. If this is not complied with, your warranty will be void.
The Back and Neck Bedding Company requires the purchaser to provide proof of the quality of the foundation, adjustable bed base, bed platform, or bed frame that is being used in conjunction with the mattress should the purchaser make a claim under this warranty. All foundations, adjustable beds and bed platform sold by The Back and Neck Bedding Company will qualify as an acceptable base for your mattress, provided the base has not been subject to mistreatment or abuse.
This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser from the original purchase date of the original mattress purchased from The Back and Neck Company. If the original purchaser sells the mattress, the subsequent purchaser takes the product ‘as is’ and ‘with all faults’. This warranty also does not apply to any mattress being used in a commercial setting such as hotels, motels, boarding homes, nursing homes and similar environments.
Limited pro-rata Warranty – Should you make a valid claim in the first three years from the date of purchase, The Back and Neck Company may choose to provide you with a mattress percentage refund on purchase price of a new mattress – based on date of purchase.
|Percentage refund on purchase price of mattress – based on date of purchase.|
Adjustable Electric Beds
All adjustable beds ARE NOT designed to sit on the foot end, as when getting dressed. Any mechanical damage from being overloaded will not be covered under warranty.
Prior to contacting us for a warranty enquiry. Please read the information on www.backandneck.com.au regarding ‘Troubleshooting Adjustable Beds’
It is our experience that 19 out of 20 concerns can be answered by reading this page and it may save you from the unnecessary expense of paying for us to attend for a call out (Metro Perth). A call out fee of $150 is to be paid prior to attendance and is FULLY REFUNDABLE should our technicians find a genuine warranty issue. Please note it may take up to 7 working days to return your bed should we need to repair or replace it and alternative sleeping arrangements may need to be made by you.
This warranty covers a period of 5 years on motors (actuators) and moving parts. It does not cover normal wear and tear or physical abuse, such as being jumped on.
This warranty is a pro-rata warranty for a period of 5 years.
In the 1st year (12 months from purchase). Should a refund take place, 100% of what you paid for the bed (not the mattress) will be refunded.
It is important to ensure the legs are screwed in tightly. It is important to check within 2 weeks of installation and every 3 months there after. Should you hear ‘excessive noise’ please check the legs – This is NOT a warranty issue
This is a massage/vibration system and it is normal for it to make a noise – it is NOT a silent operation. The Higher the massage setting, the higher the noise. Should you have wooden floor boards or a non-concrete floor the ‘noise’ will amplify. Our beds feature premium German designed components and are considered as good as you get. – This is not covered under warranty.
Battery Back-Up (on applicable models)
Changing of batteries is not covered under warranty. DO NOT LEAVE BATTERIES IDLE IN THE BACK-UP SYSTEM. Corrosion damage in the back-up system is not covered under the warranty.
Remote Controls & Control Boxes
You are covered by a 2 year warranty (an industry standard) on all remotes and control boxes from date of installation. The warranty does not cover broken wires internally, or signs of ‘physical trauma’ to the external casing.
The Back and Neck Bedding Company’s returns policy is in keeping with Australian Consumer Law.
Regardless of whether a delivery fee was originally charged or was included as part of the sale, a standard ground shipping fee will be deducted from any product refund should a courier/freight service be involved.
Items must be returned in an acceptable condition.
Items do not need to be returned in original packaging, however it is the customer’s obligation to ensure returned goods are adequately protected for posting or collection. If the goods are not adequately protected and the goods became damaged during transportation, a warranty claim will be void.
The customer is expected to incur shipping costs on small items such as pillows and toppers.
Should a mattress or base need to be examined by Back and Neck bed technicians, a $150 call out fee will be charged in the Perth Metro area. This $150 fee will be refunded should the bed technicians deem there to be genuine concern.
Should an item be proven to be faulty, you may expect to receive a replacement or refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund or replacement more quickly.
Upon inspection, we will notify you of the decision made by our bed technicians and advise whether we are returning the original purchase, replacing the product or refunding you the purchase price of the product.
The Back and Neck Bedding Company will not accept any returns or warranty claims where tears, rips, abrasions (including pinch marks) or there are pieces of product missing due to manhandling (grabbing, pulling etc.) to the foam caused by the purchaser; such as using unnecessary force to pull the mattress or mattress topper out of their packaging, or the use of box cutters/scissors to cut the cloth/hessian bag. If the goods have been abused, maliciously damaged, for example, dragged along the floor, The Back and Neck Bedding Company will not accept this return.
Any returns must be sent to 3/47 McCoy Street Myaree 6154 – During regular office hours, Monday to Friday.
Remember: When you sign off the the freight/courier company, you are signing/acknowledging that you accept the goods and that the goods have arrived in sound condition. At that point your contractual relationship is between the freight /courier company and yourself.
A deposit is NOT a lay-by payment. No refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind.
It is the retailers right to choose whether to refund, repair or replace based on our assessment.